Posted October 14, 2008on:
~My mom sent this to me this morning and it made me laugh. I hope it does the same for you…~
1. When you are sad — I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew.
2. When you are blue — I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile — I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you are scared — I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried — I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused — I will use little words.
7. When you are sick — Stay away from me until you are well again. I don’t want whatever the hell you have.
8. When you fall — I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass… and then help you up.
My name is Allison Spring Parris. People just call me Allison except for the slim few who call me Allye or Allye Spring. My mom named me kind of after people, but pretty much because she just loved the names. Let me share with you how small our world is. I was named after my boyfriends cousin Allison because my mother loved the name so much and she was the only person around our area who had that name. I was also named after another girl in our county Sara Spring (hence the middle name). Actually, something that I keep close to heart is that my mother gave my father the choice of calling me ‘Allison Spring or Allison Summer’ and he chose Spring (which I am extremely thankful for). Let’s just be thankful that I turned out a girl because otherwise I would be Stuart.
After looking up my name…it truly has no meaning. Allison derived from Alison which derived from Alice…great. Spring…well, it’s a season (big shocker there). Parris denotes someone who came from Parris. I will give you my true history of my name. Allison is an english name for happy go-lucky. Spring is used to describe someone full of life, and Parris originated from the owners of Parris Island. Alright, my ancestors actually did own Parris Island by the way, and my great-great-gr-gr (I don’t know how many) uncle was the Daniel Boone! Just something for you to know!~